A photo of classroom spaces are available on the details page of 25Live. An additional photo can be found by clicking on the layout button.
Food and drink are not permitted in classrooms without authorization from the Registrar’s Office. If permission is granted, a custodial fee may apply. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
No, all requests to the Yale University Registrar Office for classrooms must come from within Yale University. Groups not affiliated with Yale and wishing to reserve rooms for conferences should contact Yale Conferences & Events.
Rooms can be booked for one term only. You will need to submit a new request at the beginning of the following term.
Classrooms may be used for rehearsals and auditions by registered undergraduate student groups and groups affiliated with Undergraduate Production, but there are limitations on when and where these events can take place.
- Rehearsals and auditions that DO NOT use music or otherwise include loud noise may use classrooms at any time, subject to availability.
- Rehearsals and auditions that DO use music or otherwise include loud noise may use classrooms at any time on weekends, after 1:30pm on Fridays, and after 8:00pm Monday-Thursday, subject to availability.
- PH 207 is an exception to the above policy and may be used Monday-Thursday starting at 5:00pm, subject to availability.
- In all cases, students using classrooms for rehearsals and auditions are asked to be respectful of other events taking place in surrounding classrooms or within the building and must abide by all other policies related to classroom and building use. If any group is repeatedly disruptive to others, the privilege of using classrooms may be revoked at the discretion of the University Registrar’s Office and/or Undergraduate Production.
Yes, you do need to list the official name of the group, not the acronym.
When searching for locations in the Event Wizard, users can select the “Advanced Search” option to filter by room capacity, specific features, or room category.
Log in to 25Live. Click Sign in at the top right of the page, and use your NetID and password to log in. Search for the location you are interested in to see availability.
Most Yale buildings lock at 5pm, however if you have a confirmed reservation, this office will alert access control and the building will be green-lit or made accessible with a valid Yale ID card. Actual classrooms are not locked.
In order to change a request recently submitted you should email email@example.com and reference the 25Live reservation number.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for a suggestions of alternate venues. Common other venues include residential colleges, Yale's cultural centers, University Library spaces, and department spaces.
The room is not automatically reserved; you will receive official confirmation via email when the space is reserved. We try to respond within 24-48 hours during business hours except for requests submitted before or during shopping period. Requests made prior to shopping period usually cannot be approved until shopping period has ended, after all courses and discussion sections are booked. Requests for dates during shopping period itself are generally only approved a day before your event, or, in rare cases, the day of your event.
No, you do not need a separate event form for each week; simply list all the dates on one event form (for one term). However, you will need to submit a new event form for the following term and the same room might not be available.
Yes, even if the speaker is from outside of Yale it is considered a Yale-only event. If family, alumni, visiting students from other universities or high schools, and members of the community are in attendance there is a charge for room use on the weekends (starting from noon on Friday through Sunday at midnight) and the event is considered open to the public.
Alcohol is not permitted in any classroom.
Yes, through the 25Live Publisher application it is possible to integrate 25Live calendars with both Microsoft Outlook and/or Google Calendar. Please email Brendan.McGovern@yale.edu if you are interested in having a calendar created for specific classrooms.
Email email@example.com as soon as you have set a date and someone will get back to you as this may require an office meeting. This office will help you reserve the appropriate classroom space for your conference.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the classrooms.
- Reservations are required for the use of any classroom.
- No entrance doors to buildings may be propped open.
- Classrooms may be reserved for meetings only; they are not to be used for social functions.
- Neither food nor drink is permitted in classrooms without authorization.
- Furniture must not be removed from any rooms and must be returned to the original configuration.
- Neither colored chalk nor tape may be used on blackboards.
- Lights must be turned off and windows must be closed before leaving rooms.
- Water or any other cleaning solutions may not be used to clean blackboards.
- Wands/cords/chains should be used to open and close drapes and shades.
University departments and registered student organizations are allowed to use University classrooms for meetings of Yale affiliates free of charge; however, there may be charges for audio visual, custodial, or security services.
A fee to cover cleaning and maintenance of classrooms will be charged for conferences and major events scheduled in these spaces between 12:00 noon on Friday and midnight on Sunday.
- Fees will not be collected:
- from Yale departments when the meeting is limited to Yale students.
- from Yale student groups when the meeting is limited to Yale students.
- from summer academic programs.
- from term-time academic programs.
- from multi-week summer programs with overall fees.
- Fees will be collected:
- from Yale student groups hosting a conference where participants are from outside the Yale community. Forward questions to the Yale College Dean’s.
- from groups external to Yale who are sponsored by a Yale department for use on weekends.
A non-refundable reservation fee of $75 will be required of all groups required to pay fees.
|SSS 114 (Requires Yale security guards at all events)||$70 + security|
|Davies Auditorium, WHC Auditorium||$55|
|Other large/premium rooms (e.g. Sudler; Rosenfeld 111; LC 101, 102, 211, 317)||$45|
|Lecture rooms 80-100 seats||$30|
|Lecture rooms <80 seats & seminar rooms||$20|
- Cancellations received prior to the week preceding the event will be liable for the reservation fee ($75).
- Cancellations received during the week preceding the event will be liable for 50% of total fees owed.
- Cancellations received on or after the event date will result in a forfeiture of all fees paid.
If you need a room during shopping period, please submit the request and we will try to reserve the space requested, but keep in mind that academic requests are the priority at this time. You can also see if a room in your residential college is available by checking with the dean’s assistant.
We always try to reserve the room requested, if you get a different room it is because the room requested is already booked. NOTE: You can view room availability on the Webviewer by clicking on “Locations” at the top left of the page.
There is a charge for using FASRO classrooms from Friday at noon through Sunday at midnight if people attending your event are from outside of Yale.