Food and drink are not permitted in classrooms without authorization from the Registrar’s Office. If permission is granted, a custodial fee may apply. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
No, all requests to the Yale University Registrar Office for classrooms must come from within Yale University. Groups not affiliated with Yale and wishing to reserve rooms for conferences should contact Yale Conferences & Events.
Rooms can be booked for one term only. You will need to submit a new request at the beginning of the following term.
Yes, you do need to list the official name of the group, not the acronym.
Log in to 25Live. Click Sign in at the top right of the page, and use your NetID and password to log in. Search for the location you are interested in to see availability.
Most Yale buildings lock at 5pm, however if you have a confirmed reservation, this office will alert access control and the building will be green-lit. Actual classrooms are not locked.
In order to change a request recently submitted you should email firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the Webviewer reservation number.
Please send an email to email@example.com for a listing of alternate venues.
The room is not automatically reserved; you will receive official confirmation from this office once the space is reserved. We try to respond within 24 hours except during shopping period, when requests may take several days. Confirmed classroom reservations during shopping period may not be possible until all courses and discussion sections are booked, or you might only hear the day of your event.
No, you do not need a separate event form for each week; simply list all the dates on one event form (for one term). However, you will need to submit a new event form for the following term and the same room might not be available.
Yes, even if the speaker is from outside of Yale it is considered a Yale-only event. If family, alumni, visiting students from other universities or high schools, and members of the community are in attendance there is a charge for room use on the weekends (starting from noon on Friday through Sunday at midnight) and the event is considered open to the public.
Alcohol is not permitted in any classroom.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you have set a date and someone will get back to you as this may require an office meeting. This office will help you reserve the appropriate classroom space for your conference.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the classrooms.
- Reservations are required for the use of any classroom.
- No entrance doors to buildings may be propped open.
- Classrooms may be reserved for meetings only; they are not to be used for social functions.
- Neither food nor drink is permitted in classrooms without authorization.
- Furniture must not be removed from any rooms and must be returned to the original configuration.
- Neither colored chalk nor tape may be used on blackboards.
- Lights must be turned off and windows must be closed before leaving rooms.
- Water or any other cleaning solutions may not be used to clean blackboards.
- Wands/cords/chains should be used to open and close drapes and shades.
University departments and registered student organizations are allowed to use University classrooms for meetings of Yale affiliates free of charge; however, there may be charges for audio visual, custodial, or security services.
A fee to cover cleaning and maintenance of classrooms will be charged for conferences and major events scheduled in these spaces between 12:00 noon on Friday and midnight on Sunday.
- Fees will not be collected:
- from Yale departments when the meeting is limited to Yale students.
- from Yale student groups when the meeting is limited to Yale students.
- from summer academic programs.
- from term-time academic programs.
- from multi-week summer programs with overall fees.
- Fees will be collected:
- from Yale student groups hosting a conference where participants are from outside the Yale community. Forward questions to the Yale College Dean’s.
- from groups external to Yale who are sponsored by a Yale department for use on weekends.
A non-refundable reservation fee of $75 will be required of all groups required to pay fees.
|SSS 114 (Requires Yale security guards at all events)||$70 + security|
|Davies Auditorium, WHC Auditorium||$55|
|Other large/premium rooms (e.g. Sudler; Rosenfeld 111; LC 101, 102, 211, 317)||$45|
|Lecture rooms 80-100 seats||$30|
|Lecture rooms <80 seats & seminar rooms||$20|
- Cancellations received prior to the week preceding the event will be liable for the reservation fee ($75).
- Cancellations received during the week preceding the event will be liable for 50% of total fees owed.
- Cancellations received on or after the event date will result in a forfeiture of all fees paid.
If you need a room during shopping period, please submit the request and we will try to reserve the space requested, but keep in mind that academic requests are the priority at this time. You can also see if a room in your residential college is available by checking with the dean’s assistant.
We always try to reserve the room requested, if you get a different room it is because the room requested is already booked. NOTE: You can view room availability on the Webviewer by clicking on “Locations” at the top left of the page.
There is a charge for using FASRO classrooms from Friday at noon through Sunday at midnight if people attending your event are from outside of Yale.